Kendall Hill (BFA in New Media 2019) was recently invited to create a custom flag for Chicago Manual Style that will be displayed at the gallery and in a traveling exhibition in Belgium.
The flag is a collage made of old Jet Magazine covers, and it conveys his thoughts on what "flag" means to him. His flag is now visible from the outside of the Chicago Manual Style gallery at 1927 W. Superior in Chicago.
A new flag in the series is on view each week from April 30 to July 31 at the following locations in Belgium:
- Netwerk Aalst, Houtkaai 15, 9300 Aalst
- Kunsthal Gent, Lange Steenstraat 14, 9000 Gent
- Be-Part, Westerlaan 17, 8790 Waregem
- AAIR, Ploegstraat 27, 2018 Antwerpen
- Cultuurcentrum Strombeek Grimbergen, Gemeenteplein 1, 1853 Grimbergen
- KIOSK Gallery, Louis Pasteurlaan 2, 9000 Gent
- La Loge, 1050, Kluisstraat 86, 1050 Elsene
- CIAP, C-Mine 10, 3600 Genk
Photo: Jets in the Sky (2020) by Kendall Hill. Collage on wool, silk, and cotton.